Okay. So one of these days, M at work decides to get Gobi, and worried about how Gobi takes so much oil to prepare. No can do, sez moi. 1 tsp of oil is proud to present the low cal Alu Gobi without the Alu and With Matar.
What you need:
- Cauliflower – 400 gms, chopped into florets
- Peas – 1 cup
- Alu – none (high carbs right?)
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/3 tsp
- Tomatoes – 2 med, diced
- Green chillies – 2 chopped fine
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Salt, red chilli powder, and turmeric powder to taste
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
How many can you feed: 3 med portions, 2 big portions
What you need to do:
- In a non stick pan, 2 tsp of oil, cumin and asafoetida are happening. Low flame to avoid burnout.
- Add ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Saute lightly. Throw in tomatoes and peas. Fry and saute lightly.
- When tomatoes are all gooey, and creamy, add cauliflower, salt, turmeric, red chilli powder, and sugar.
- Saute for 2-3 mins. Cover with lid and simmer for 15 mins. Add quarter cup of water if the vegetable runs dry. Keep turning.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
Low cal alu gobi without alu and with matar tayyar!!