I love Bhindi. I also love it most when it is cooked in the typical high-calorie style: fried. My grandmom devised this recipe for my dad when he was battling cholestrol and it has bumped fried bhindi to the number 2 slot.
What you need:
- Bhindi (okra) – 400 grams, diced into small pieces
- Tomato – 1 large, diced into little pieces
- Green chillies – 2, chopped as big as your bhindi pieces
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- That’s all really!!
What you need to do:
- Heat the oil in a nonstick kadhai.
- Throw in the bhindi and green chillies and stir on high flame till all the bhindi becomes coated with a sheen.
- Add the salt, tomato, and saute for a minute.
- Lower flame, cover and steam for 10 mins. Stir occasionally.
Best served with crisp hot phulkas.
What it looks like: