After realizing how much of a difference pictures make, I was compelled to take pictures of any other concoctions I devise to put up on my blog.
So today I really felt like eating some succulent chicken. I can’t cook non-veg at home. Landlady’s request and restrictions. However, I can call for it. So I did. Banjara chicken kabab. Of course that couldn’t have been an entire meal. So I made a delicious salad out of it. How much oil did I use. None. Except whatever was there in the Chicken Banjara Kabab. I am sure it was lower than or equal to a teaspoon coz I only used two tikkas for this one.
What you need:
- 3 boiled eggs, sliced into strips, minus the yolk of course
- Lettuce, 4-5 leaves, cut or torn into bite size strips
- Tomato – 1 huge, sliced into strips
- Mint and coriander chutney – mint, green chilli, coriander, garlic, salt, ground
- Curd – 1 tablespoon
- Chicken tikka kabab – tandoori type, not the fried kind (I called for Chicken Banjara, hence the name of the salad – 2 tikkas – shredded or cut into strips
- Pepper (preferably from a pepper mill and not a shaker)
What you need to do:
- Whip 1 big spoon of chutney and curd together. Add as much chutney as you would like. Feel free to throw in some red chilli powder.
- Mix the lettuce, egg, tomato, chicken, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chutney curd mixture.
Preparation time: 13 mins, if you don’t make the kababs of course
Serve with toasted multi-grain or whole wheat bread. You can even make a sandwich out of this mixture.
How much I likes: *****
Ideal for dinner coz of low carb value.
Check it out:
As some people would say, I yennjaayed like yennything.